How do I retrieve property from vehicle that has been abated?

To recover property from an abated vehicle, you must provide the towing agency with a property release. The requirements for obtaining a property release from the King City Police Department are:

  • You must be the registered owner of the vehicle and possess a valid identification with your picture.
  • No fee is charged for a property release.
  • Only personal property can be removed. Items such as car stereos/speakers and other auto parts may not ho removed.