Have you ever considered a rewarding career in law enforcement. The City of King is offering a great opportunity to start as a Police Officer Recruit. As a recruit, you will receive tuition to attend a local Police Academy, a competitive salary while attending, and then be sworn in as a full-time Police Officer upon successful graduation.
The King City Police Department is looking for local high quality and caring individuals interested in making a difference in your community. The Police Department has implemented a number of improvements over the past few years to build trust in the community and establish itself as an effective and responsive model department. By serving as a Police Officer, you can be part of this exciting effort.
There are a number of professional and personal advantages that make King City a special and unique place to begin your career as a Police Officer, including:
- A positive team-oriented work environment and organizational culture.
- An experienced, collaborative, supportive and stable Police Department and City leadership team.
- A unique level of professional development opportunities, including mentoring, extensive training, and exposure to a wide range of law enforcement responsibilities.
- An opportunity to participate in challenging law enforcement situations, community-oriented policing programs, and a positive relationship with the community.
- Exposure and training in a wide range of state-of-the-art law enforcement technology systems and equipment.
- Competitive benefits and salary. Earn an annual salary of $65,770 as a Recruit while attending the Academy. Upon completion, the salary range for Police Officers is $81,245 - $108,877.
You must be 21 years of age to apply. No police experience is required, and all training is provided.
If you would like to learn more about how you can serve your community in a respected, meaningful and well-paid position, please contact the Human Resources Office at 386-5918.