King City is a friendly community of 14,221 people, ideally located in the picturesque southern Salinas Valley of the California Central Coast in Monterey County. The City lies 155 miles south of San Francisco and 277 miles north of Los Angeles, providing convenient access to all areas of California. King City serves as a gateway and access point for nearby Pinnacles National Park, Monterey County wine region, a thriving agricultural area, U.S. Army Garrison Fort Hunter Liggett, and an area rich in history made famous by the writings of John Steinbeck. The community features beautiful mountain views, tree-lined streets and a quaint historical downtown.
The City of King is now accepting residential security grant applications. Grants for up to $200 per eligible household will be provided by theRead More
The City of King, in partnership with Waste Management, Inc. and the Salinas Valley Waste Authority now offer an organics recycling program in complianceRead More
Our Mission"Meeting the needs of our entire community through caring, professional and responsive services."
Our Core Values
- Build Trust - through ethics, integrity, accountability and communication.
- Respect - everyone at all times.
- Effectiveness - through dedication and commitment to the community.
212 South Vanderhurst Avenue
King City, CA 93930
- Stormwater Pet Contest
May 9, 2022
- PRESS RELEASE: CITY OF KING AWARDED T-MOBILE HOMETOWN GRANT
March 24, 2022
- PRESS RELEASE: CALIFORNIA TRANSPORTATION COMMISSION RESERVES FUNDING FOR KING CITY MULTI-MODAL TRANSIT CENTER // COMUNICADO DE PRENSA: LA COMISIÓN DE TRANSPORTE DE CALIFORNIA RESERVA FONDOS PARA EL CENTRO DE TRÁNSITO MULTIMODAL DE KING CITY
March 23, 2022