King City is a friendly community of 14,221 people, ideally located in the picturesque southern Salinas Valley of the California Central Coast in Monterey County. The City lies 155 miles south of San Francisco and 277 miles north of Los Angeles, providing convenient access to all areas of California. King City serves as a gateway and access point for nearby Pinnacles National Park, Monterey County wine region, a thriving agricultural area, U.S. Army Garrison Fort Hunter Liggett, and an area rich in history made famous by the writings of John Steinbeck. The community features beautiful mountain views, tree-lined streets and a quaint historical downtown.
King City will be participating in National Night Out again this year on Tuesday, August 2nd from 5:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. at the KingRead More
After a year-long planning effort, the Blue Zones Project Monterey County is celebrating the formal kickoff of its expansion to King City. The eventRead More
Our Mission"Meeting the needs of our entire community through caring, professional and responsive services."
Our Core Values
- Build Trust - through ethics, integrity, accountability and communication.
- Respect - everyone at all times.
- Effectiveness - through dedication and commitment to the community.
212 South Vanderhurst Avenue
King City, CA 93930
- PRESS RELEASE: New King City Grocery Store Project Challenged By Union // PRENSA: Unión En Contra de Una Nueva Tienda de Abarrotes en King City
July 7, 2022
- Press Release: Cooling Center in King City // Prensa: Centro De Refrigeration en King City
June 23, 2022
- Stormwater Pet Contest
May 9, 2022