King City is a friendly community of 14,221 people, ideally located in the picturesque southern Salinas Valley of the California Central Coast in Monterey County. The City lies 155 miles south of San Francisco and 277 miles north of Los Angeles, providing convenient access to all areas of California. King City serves as a gateway and access point for nearby Pinnacles National Park, Monterey County wine region, a thriving agricultural area, U.S. Army Garrison Fort Hunter Liggett, and an area rich in history made famous by the writings of John Steinbeck. The community features beautiful mountain views, tree-lined streets and a quaint historical downtown.
Maintaining front yards is important to beautification efforts in order to provide attractive neighborhoods and good quality of life for everyone in the community.Read More
A new bus route serving King City has been added by Monterey Salinas Transit (MST). It is part of MST’s pandemic recovery and goalRead More
Our Mission"Meeting the needs of our entire community through caring, professional and responsive services."
Our Core Values
- Build Trust - through ethics, integrity, accountability and communication.
- Respect - everyone at all times.
- Effectiveness - through dedication and commitment to the community.
212 South Vanderhurst Avenue
King City, CA 93930
- City Council Workshop Notice
January 18, 2023
- PRESS RELEASE: KING CITY PROCLAMATION OF THE EXISTENCE OF A LOCAL EMERGENCY / PRENSA: PROCLAMACIÓN DE KING CITY DE LA EXISTENCIA DE UNA EMERGENCIA LOCAL
January 5, 2023
- Planning Commission Workshop
January 5, 2023