King City is a friendly community of 14,221 people, ideally located in the picturesque southern Salinas Valley of the California Central Coast in Monterey County. The City lies 155 miles south of San Francisco and 277 miles north of Los Angeles, providing convenient access to all areas of California. King City serves as a gateway and access point for nearby Pinnacles National Park, Monterey County wine region, a thriving agricultural area, U.S. Army Garrison Fort Hunter Liggett, and an area rich in history made famous by the writings of John Steinbeck. The community features beautiful mountain views, tree-lined streets and a quaint historical downtown.
Maintaining front yards is important to beautification efforts in order to provide attractive neighborhoods and good quality of life for everyone in the community.Read More
The City of King is once again partnering with County Supervisor Chris Lopez, Assemblyman Robert Rivas, the Monterey County Food Bank, California Water Service,Read More
Our Mission"Meeting the needs of our entire community through caring, professional and responsive services."
Our Core Values
- Build Trust - through ethics, integrity, accountability and communication.
- Respect - everyone at all times.
- Effectiveness - through dedication and commitment to the community.
212 South Vanderhurst Avenue
King City, CA 93930
- PRESS RELEASE: POLICE CHIEF TRANSITION / PRENSA: TRANSICIÓN DEL JEFE DE POLICÍA DE KING CITY
December 7, 2022
- Ugly Christmas Sweater Contest
November 21, 2022
- King City Broadway Street – Residential Notification
November 10, 2022