King City is a friendly community of roughly 14,000 people, ideally located in the picturesque southern Salinas Valley of the California Central Coast in Monterey County. The City lies 155 miles south of San Francisco and 277 miles north of Los Angeles, providing convenient access to all areas of California. King City serves as a gateway and access point for nearby Pinnacles National Park, Monterey County wine region, a thriving agricultural area, U.S. Army Garrison Fort Hunter Liggett, and an area rich in history made famous by the writings of John Steinbeck. The community features beautiful mountain views, tree-lined streets and a quaint historical downtown.
The City of King is launching a new weekly walk/bike/run event in conjunction with the Blue Zones Project. The Blue Zones Project is aRead More
Salinas Valley Recycles, in conjunction with the City of King, will be providing a Free Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event on Saturday, October 14th fromRead More
The City of King was awarded a Quick-Built Grant of $119,120 by the Transportation Agency for Monterey County (TAMC) from Regional Surface Transportation ProgramRead More
Our Mission"Meeting the needs of our entire community through caring, professional and responsive services."
Our Core Values
- Build Trust - through ethics, integrity, accountability and communication.
- Respect - everyone at all times.
- Effectiveness - through dedication and commitment to the community.
212 South Vanderhurst Avenue
King City, CA 93930
- PRESS RELEASE: KING CITY FULL-TIME COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR APPOINTED / PRENSA: NOMBRAMIENTO DEL DIRECTOR DE DESARROLLO COMUNITARIO A TIEMPO COMPLETO DE KING CITY
September 13, 2023
- Housing Element Update Workshops- September 5th and 12th
August 25, 2023
- PRESS RELEASE: KING CITY NATIONAL NIGHT OUT – TUESDAY, AUGUST 1ST / PRENSA: MARTES, 1 DE AGOSTO – KING CITY NOCHE NACIONAL
July 31, 2023
- NOP-NOC Ausonio Apartments Project
July 19, 2023