King City is a friendly community of 14,221 people, ideally located in the picturesque southern Salinas Valley of the California Central Coast in Monterey County. The City lies 155 miles south of San Francisco and 277 miles north of Los Angeles, providing convenient access to all areas of California. King City serves as a gateway and access point for nearby Pinnacles National Park, Monterey County wine region, a thriving agricultural area, U.S. Army Garrison Fort Hunter Liggett, and an area rich in history made famous by the writings of John Steinbeck. The community features beautiful mountain views, tree-lined streets and a quaint historical downtown.
Maintaining front yards is important to beautification efforts in order to provide attractive neighborhoods and good quality of life for everyone in the community.Read More
The City of King will be commissioning artists for 3 wind sculpture (kinetic) art projects. The projects are part of an overall City WindRead More
Our Mission"Meeting the needs of our entire community through caring, professional and responsive services."
Our Core Values
- Build Trust - through ethics, integrity, accountability and communication.
- Respect - everyone at all times.
- Effectiveness - through dedication and commitment to the community.
212 South Vanderhurst Avenue
King City, CA 93930
- Ugly Christmas Sweater Contest
November 21, 2022
- King City Broadway Street – Residential Notification
November 10, 2022
- PRESS RELEASE: CITY OF KING APPROVES AGREEMENT WITH FIRST TEE MONTEREY COUNTY TO OPERATE THE KING CITY GOLF COURSE / PRENSA: LA CIUDAD DE KING CITY APRUEBA UN ACUERDO CON FIRST TEE DEL CONDADO DE MONTEREY PARA OPERAR EL CAMPO DE GOLF EN KING CITY
October 26, 2022