Can I operate a business out of my home?

Home based businesses are permitted in specific residential zones. The business must clearly be incidental and secondary to the use of the dwelling. If the zoning district allows a home based business, you must apply and be approved for a Home Occupation Permit to operate your business. This requires an administrative hearing, which includes only staff. City of King Municipal Code Section 17.77 provides the requirements for a Home Occupation Permit.