The City’s public safety community outreach program is hitting the street and coming to your neighborhood. The “District Watch” program was formed last year to encourage the community to work together to make our neighborhoods safer. On Thursday, October 26th, a Block Party will be held in each City Council District from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Come enjoy free pizza and other food, entertainment, a bounce house for the kids and public safety information. It is an opportunity to meet your District Officers, learn about the District Watch program, and get to know your neighbors. It will be a Halloween theme so kids, as well as adults, are encouraged to wear your costumes.
It will also help residents learn how to organize their own block parties. The City is waiving all block party permit fees for one year to help promote neighborhoods to work together.
Check the City’s website at www.kingcity.com under “Residents” and “Voting Information,” to determine your District. The locations of each block party are as follows:
- District 1 (northern) 300 block of Soberanes Street
- District 2 (central/eastern) 200 block of S. Vanderhurst Street
- District 3 (central) 400/500 block of N. Mildred Avenue
- District 4 (western) 200 block of Sussex Way
- District 5 (southern/western) 300 block of Forden Drive
Contract the Police Department at 385-4848 for more information.