Before The Storm:
- Inspect all drainage systems on your property for debris. Ex: Roof Gutters, Downspouts, Area Drains, etc.
- Perform regular maintenance of these locations, especially during the fall and winter where leaves may collect and cause roof damage.
- Call the Community Development Department at 831-385-3281 if you are aware of any storm drain inlets along the street that requires maintenance.
- Keep an emergency kit available should a major emergency event arise. Such kits should have:
- Portable radio, lights and flashlights, first aid supplies
- More information on emergency supplies could be found at http://www.ready.gov/floods
When you receive a Storm Warning:
- If a heavy storm is likely and time permits, move essential items, valuable papers, jewelry and furniture to upper floors of your house or higher elevations.
- Bring outdoor possessions that may be damaged inside the house or tie them down securely.
During The Storm:
- Should you or your property experience any dangerous situations during a storm event, Dial 911
- Do not attempt to drive over a flooded road. You can be stranded and trapped.
For More Information: